31 Jan 2020, 09:00 AM
Markets to remain open on Saturday, February 1st, 2020 on account of Union BudgetMarkets will remain open for the Equity and F&O (derivatives) and Commodities segments on February 1, 2020, on account of the Union Budget 2020. The market timings are as below:
|NSE & BSE|
|Pre-market order entry (equity segment only)||9:00 AM to 9:08 AM|
|Pre-market order matching (equity segment only)||9:08 AM to 9:15 AM|
|Normal trading||9:15 AM to 3:30 PM|
|Normal trading||9:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
Settlement holidayStocks bought on Friday, Jan 31, 2020, will not be available for selling on Saturday, Feb 1, 2020, owing to a settlement holiday on Saturday. Such stocks will not be visible on the holdings page of Kite.
MarginsIn anticipation of the increased volatility in the markets, the following precautionary measures will be in effect.
- BO & CO orders will remain blocked.
- MIS margins required for F&O positions will be increased (55% of NRML margin for index F&O, 65% for stock F&O).
- MIS leverage for Equity cash segment will be reduced by half. Check leverages here.
- Margins/leverage are subject to change based on the discretion of our risk (RMS) team. We will allow BO/CO and reduce margin requirements if volatility subsides. Any changes will be updated accordingly on the Zerodha Bulletin.
- MCX intraday positions will be squared off at 4:35 PM.