They own 4% of all stocks listed on the Indian stock market and they’re sitting on unrealised gains to the tune of ₹4 lakh crores. They hold more government bonds than the RBI. And according to one UBS report, about 10% of all household savings go to LIC each year.
LIC is a behemoth. And you can read this post here by Finshots to learn more about LIC and its IPO.
How can I open a Zerodha account to apply for the LIC IPO?You can open a Zerodha account online and receive your login credentials within 24 hours. You can sign up using your mobile number on our website. Follow the simple on-screen instructions to open an account. You will be required to enter your PAN, bank account details, and personal details to continue with the sign-up. Click here to open an online account. Check out this video walkthrough to learn more. If you face any difficulties while opening an account online, you can call us on — 080 47192020.
Can I refer my friends and family to open an account?Yes, you can refer them to open an account and apply for the IPO within 24 hours. To know how to refer, visit this support article.
|Financial Year Ended||Revenue (₹ Crores)||PAT (₹ Crores)||EPS (₹)|
|Period ended September 30, 2021||336,972.92||1504.01||2.38|
|Issue Period||4th May to 9th May 2022|
|Finalization of Allotment||13th May 2022|
|Initiation of Refunds||14th May 2022|
|Credit of Shares||16th May 2022|
|Date of Listing||17th May 2022|
|Mandate end date||24th May 2022|
|Anchor Investors Lock-In End Date||8th June 2022|
What is the LIC policyholders category? Will LIC policyholders get any benefit if they apply?"Policyholder" is a new category introduced for the LIC IPO, this category will have up to 10% of the issue reserved for the customers who hold policies of LIC. To apply in the policyholder category, you need to fulfill two conditions listed in the prospectus:
- You have purchased your LIC policy on or before Feb 13th, 2022.
- Your PAN has been mapped to your LIC policy on or before Feb 28th, 2022.
How can I check if my PAN is already linked with my LIC Policy?To check whether your PAN is already linked to your LIC policy:
- Visit this page.
- Enter your Policy number, Date of Birth, PAN, and captcha in the respective fields and press submit to see your LIC policy and PAN link status.
How do I link my PAN with my LIC policy?To update your PAN with your LIC policy:
- Visit this page.
- To complete the process. You will need your PAN, along with the list of policies you hold. Click on “Proceed” at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page; Enter your Date of Birth, as per PAN, Gender, Email ID, PAN, Full name as per PAN, Mobile number, Policy Number (In case you hold multiple policies, click on “Add Policy” and proceed to enter another policy number)
- Click on the deceleration checkbox
- Enter the captcha.
- Click on the “Get OTP” option.
- Once you receive OTP on your registered mobile number, enter the OTP and click on “Submit”.
Are there any discounts offered for applying LIC IPO in different categories? How to avail this discount?Yes, there is a discount for online applications under different categories. The IPO application process remains the same and the discount will be adjusted in the e-mandate blocked amount. The discounts are as follows:
|Category||Bidding at||Max Bid Amount (₹)||Basis of Allotment if respective category is oversubscribed||UPI||Syndicate ASBA||Discount|
|HNI||At price||NA||Proportionate||Yes(Up to ₹5 lakh)||Yes||No|
Not above ₹2 lakhs
|Draw of Lot||Yes||No||₹ 45 per share|
|Policy Holders||Proportionate||Yes||No||₹ 60 per share|
|Employee||Proportionate||Yes||Yes||₹ 45 per share|
How do I apply to the LIC IPO?You can apply for the LIC IPO using any supported UPI app by following two steps:
- Enter your bid on Console
- Accept UPI mandate on your phone
Where do I check the allotment status for LIC IPO?You can check the allotment status for the LIC IPO on the website of the Registrar and Transfer agent.
Alternatively, you can also check the allotment status on the NSE website.