1.1 – Introduction to Technical Analysis
Technical Analysis (also abbreviated as TA) is a popular technique that allows you to understand the risk and rewards involved while taking a trading decision. It helps you develop a point of view on a particular stock or index and enables you to define the trade, keeping in mind the entry, exit, and risk in perspective.
Like all research techniques, TA also comes with attributes that can be highly complex. However, technology makes it easy to understand. We will discover these attributes as we proceed along with this video series.
Let’s move on to the following video, where we set our expectations when we trade based on TA.
We recommend reading this chapter on Varsity to learn more and understand the concepts in-depth.
Key takeaways from this chapter
- Technical Analysis is a popular method to develop a point of view on markets. Besides, TA also helps in identifying entry and exit points.
- Technical Analysis visualizes the actions of market participants in the form of stock charts.
- Patterns are formed within the charts, and these patterns help a trader identify trading opportunities.
- TA works best when we keep a few core assumptions in perspective.
- TA is used best to identify short term trades.
Good to learn from tech & fundamental analysis of stocks
Happy learning 🙂
Quite good learning
Many thanks sir for making this video for us
Hope you like it 🙂
Good going Varsity team!
Great to see TA in video series with collaboration with LA.
Karthik Rangappa content with Pratik presentation through video is just perfect combo!
You both knowledge Gurus are changing Indian stock market education!
Appreciate your efforts:)
PS: I just came to see if option theory and Strategy videos are uploaded but guess we need to wait for some more time.
Hoping to see it soon:)
Thanks for the kind words, Gururaj. Yes, Prateek and his team is awesome! We are doing videos only for the first 5 modules for now 🙂
Oh great! Thank you for video also… Free
Hope you like it!