4.1 – What moves the stock?
The stock markets in India open at 9:15 AM and close at 3:30 PM. The stock price of the company fluctuates every minute during these hours. Ever wondered why?
Let’s learn the reasons and factors causing stock price fluctuation in this video chapter.
In the following video, we move on to a fascinating topic, i.e. to understand how a trading terminal works!
We recommend reading this chapter on Varsity to learn more and understand the concepts in-depth.
Key takeaways from this chapter
- A stock market is where a trader or an investor can transact (buy, sell) in shares.
- A stock market is a place where the buyer and seller meet electronically
- Different opinions make a market
- The stock exchange electronically facilitate the meeting of buyers and sellers
- News and events move the stock prices daily
- Demand supply mismatch also makes the stock prices move