We recommend reading this chapter on Varsity to learn more and understand the concepts in-depth.
Key takeaways from this chapter
- The stock market is where to go if you want to transact in equities.
- Stock markets exist electronically and can be accessed through a stockbroker.
- There are many different kinds of market participants operating in the stock markets.
- Every entity operating in the market has to be regulated, and they can operate only within the framework as prescribed by the regulator.
- SEBI is the regulator of the securities market in India. They set the legal framework and regulate all entities operating in the market.
- Most importantly, you need to remember that SEBI is aware of what you are doing, and they can flag you down if you are up to something fishy in the markets!