Firstly, a question I have been asked quite often in the last few months. Why don’t we have special free trading offers for new clients? Why don’t we extend the 60 day challenge into a competition between traders and have a big lottery prize for the winner – the temptation of the lottery should get us a lot of new clients, surely?
As a business, we are a team of almost 200 working with a vision to be the best brokerage in India – costs, education, support, technology, tools, and initiatives to give that important edge a trader needs to help win. The belief has always been that if we can achieve what we have set as a goal, we can grow the business without any marketing gimmicks.
Here are some of the latest updates at Zerodha
- We officially launched our desktop trading platform Pi, which should definitely be among the top platforms in India. We have posts on Z-connect explaining all the advanced features on Pi. Over 10,000 clients have already migrated to Pi. Check this to get started.
- With Pi, we also want to popularize the concept of backtesting strategies and have expert advisors/programs spot trading opportunities unemotionally. We have started this process off by having a repository of 50+ sample expert advisors which can be backtested and then taken live on Pi. We are also taking and answering all coding queries on TradingQ&A.com.
- We have got a phenomenal response on Varsity, easily the most popular online educational initiative on markets in India. Over 3000 comments in 5 months from when we launched. Karthik is currently writing chapters demystifying option greeks. If you are an amateur options trader, this is definitely something you should check out. We will soon start working on the module “Programming for traders” which will help people with non-programming background get started from basics and be able to trade using the very powerful Amibroker Formula Language (AFL).
- We’ve had over 1.5 million pageviews in the last 30 days on our reporting and analytics tools Q and Quant. Since launch, they’ve both received over 10 million pageviews. We have also introduced a bunch of new reports to help you out this tax filing season, again for the first time in India. We are currently working on adding a very cool global search feature on Q.
- We have started working with multiple financial technology startups through our incubator Rainmatter with the idea of bringing in innovation to the Indian capital markets. If you are a startup or have an idea, time you got connected with us through [email protected]
- Finally, we are on the cusp of launching our in-house web trading application, Kite – an HTML 5 trading app built with speed, simplicity, and ease of use in mind. I am loving what our inhouse tech team has built, and I hope you will all like it as much as I am doing right now testing it out. We are in the process of getting exchange approvals and are hoping to have a release soon.
Hoping that you like what we are doing as a business and will continue to be ambassadors for Zerodha spreading the good word. We will continue to focus on building out the best brokerage firm for you as we always have.
You can always reach me on [email protected] with ideas, feedback, and suggestions.