Comment on Notice under Section 139(9)? - Possible reason

Pranay commented on 04 Jul 2014, 06:38 PM

Hi Nitin,

I really appreciate the great work you are doing by helping investors/traders in complex taxation matters relating to trading/investment in shares. I request you to clarify following points:-

1) I am a salaried individual and have traded shares ( short term and intraday, no F&O) in FY14, Do I need to file ITR-2 or ITR4. What happens when somebody files ITR2 when he is required to file ITR4.

2) I also trade in demat account on my wife’s name (housewife). Is it possible to declare combined income including that of spouse in ITR2/ITR4. This will make life easier and will not require auditing of two accounts by CA (in case of ITR4)

3) Can I carry forward losses from ITR2 filed in preivous financial year to ITR4 required to be filed next year.


View the full comment thread »