Comment on NRI trading on Indian Stock Exchanges

Venu commented on 02 May 2016, 07:07 PM

1) If your residential status has changed, you’ll have to close your existing account and open a new account. You can transfer shares from your old demat to your new demat account.
2) Both trading & demat account will have to closed. You’ll have to open a new trading & demat account. Would help if you can give us your contact details so we could get one of our Sales managers to give you a call and help you open the account. You can leave your details here:
3) When you opened an account at ILFS, you would have received a DIS booklet (Delivery Instruction Slip). A DIS booklet is like a check book for transferring stocks from one demat account to another. Fill in the DIS and submit it to ILFS, mention your new demat account details in the DIS and the stocks will be transferred.

View the full comment thread »