Comment on NRI trading on Indian Stock Exchanges

Venu commented on 08 Jan 2016, 12:30 PM

You have to designate your NRO savings account as PIS account by submitting an application to HDFC Bank. After that you’ll open a trading and demat account at Zerodha and transfer shares from your existing demat to Zerodha demat by submitting a DIS (Delivery Instruction Slip) to ICICI demat.

For the stocks which are already in the Redsident India DEMAT account needs to be transferred to an account where I can only sell. Is this the NRO account?

Yes, it will be the demat account that you map with Zerodha
Single account will hold all your shares

View the full comment thread »