Comment on NRI trading on Indian Stock Exchanges

Venu commented on 07 Jan 2016, 08:18 PM

Hi Suman,

You’ll have to first open a trading and demat NRI account through the PIS route. Once your account is opened, you’ll have to approach ICICI bank and request for account closure cum transfer of shares held in resident account. ICICI will initiate transfer of shares to your new NRO demat account. Subsequantly you’ll also have to obtain a letter from ICICI mentioning the quantity of shares transferred and provide it to us. Closure cum transfer is done free of cost. Any AMC due has to be paid.

View the full comment thread »