Comment on NRI trading on Indian Stock Exchanges

Darshan commented on 04 Jan 2016, 07:35 AM


I have a normal trading account with Zerodha and a savings bank account in India.
I have now moved to US. As I understand, I have to convert my bank accounts to NRE/NRO.
I do NOT want to sell my existing shares, as selling will attract US taxes upto 30%.
The question is, how do I transfer my shares from Resident Account to the NRO Account?
Can it be done online and what is the process around the same?


View the full comment thread »