Comment on Taxation Simplified

Nithin Kamath commented on 27 Feb 2014, 07:27 AM

Yes Hafiz, you need to consider yourself as a trader, so any income made from trading should be added to your any other income, and tax paid according to the slab you fall in.

Equity short term, if you are an active trader you have to show it as a business and hence it will also fall in the general tax slab. But if your short term trading is small, you can maintain a separate portfolio, and pay according short term capital gain.

I’d advise you to show all trading activity under the head of business, add it to your other income and pay accordingly. Make sure to show all your trading expenses as well..

View the full comment thread »