Comment on Zerodha - your tax aide while you trade

Venu Madhav commented on 09 Sep 2015, 08:44 PM

FIFO method is adopted to ascertain whether you made a Short term capital gain. So to check if you made a gain or not by selling the shares at 240, you’ve to check what price you’ve bought it first (if you’re still holding the 3000 qty). Post such computation, if you’ve made a gain and if the holding period < 1 year, you'd have to pay STCG, if holding period >1 year, you’re exempt from paying taxes since its a Long term gain.

View the full comment thread »