Comment on Taxation Simplified

Nithin Kamath commented on 16 Dec 2013, 01:43 PM

sorry Arpit, had missed this one.

yes you can sell it to your spouse/son and book capital loss. It is best to have this transaction at around the market price of the stock, to avoid any issues in the future.

Yes all you have to do is use the DL slip and transfer it to the other account, and get the cheque for the amount in return. Make sure to document all these transactions properly.

Purpose of the sale could be the need of capital for whatever purpose you have. You could speak to your CA about this.

As long as you document this entire transaction properly, there should not be any issue. It is best to double check with your CA on this.


View the full comment thread »