Comment on Zerodha - your tax aide while you trade

Nithin Kamath commented on 27 Jul 2015, 09:49 PM

1. If you are showing stocks held for more than 1 year as trades and not capital gain, you will have to continue following the same method in the future as well. You can’t show long term capital losses as trades, and at the same time take the benefit of long term capital gains on your profitable trades. But yes, you can show 6L as your business loss and set it off against this years business profits.
2. You can pay advance tax on (13-6), as this 6 will anyways be reduced from your total business income at the end of the year.

View the full comment thread »