Comment on NRI trading on Indian Stock Exchanges

Venu Madhav commented on 22 May 2015, 05:46 PM

You’ll have to close the account and open a new account since the residential status has changed. The list of documents required to open an account:

* Copy of PIS permission letter
* Copy of FEMA declaration
* Copy of PAN card
* Overseas address proof – Copy of Driving License/Foreign Passport/Utility Bills/Bank Statement (not more than 2 months)/Notarized copy of rent agreement/Leave & License agreement/ Sale Deed
* Passport size photograph
* In case of an Indian Passport: Copy of valid passport with place of birth as India, Copy of Valid Visa.
* In case of Foreign Passport: Copy of Valid passport, Copy of PIO/OCI card.
* Proof of Bank account (a cancelled cheque leaf of your NRE or NRO savings bank account)
Note: Copy of PAN card, Passport, and Foreign address proof to be notarized by Indian Embassy

View the full comment thread »