Comment on Taxation for Traders - Introduction

Nithin Kamath commented on 19 Apr 2015, 03:49 PM

Nitin, you can show your trading and investment portfolio separately. So you can show investments under LTCG and trading under business income on ITR4. But to do this, keep your books completely separate for investments and trading. It might also make sense to keep your investments in a different demat/trading account.

Yes, if you have stopped trading, you can move back to being just an investor, and use ITR2. But I think it is advisable to best not to keep switching between ITR 2 and ITR 4 (once or twice is okay).

View the full comment thread »