Comment on Taxation for Traders - Introduction

Nithin Kamath commented on 25 Mar 2015, 07:47 PM

Intraday equity trading is called ” Speculative business”, and you cannot declare this in your normal ITR. You will need to use ITR4 or ITR4S, so yes you are considering yourself as a trader/business.
Even if you declare yourself as a trader, and if you can keep the books separate, you can show investing and trading activity separately. Speak to a good CA about this.

View the full comment thread »