Comment on Taxation Simplified

Nithin Kamath commented on 08 Jul 2013, 02:58 PM


If you declare yourself as a trader, then long term gains and loss will be both be business profit/loss respectively. So yes, if you categorize yourself as a trader(ITR4, trading as abusiness), you can set off your long term loss against your long term gain or any other business income/gain.

If you are showing yourself as an investor and claim long term gain exemption, in that case your long term loss cannot be net off against anything else..

View the full comment thread »