Comment on Notice under Section 139(9)? - Possible reason

Nithin Kamath commented on 14 Jun 2013, 10:52 AM


Hopefully your issues got sorted, but our view on this is that since the notice you have received is under 139(9), you should file rectification u/z 139(9) and if it is not letting you revise then your original return would probably have become invalid. You cannot revise a return which has become invalid.

What you could do now is to file fresh return as the old one is invalid and u/s 139(4) for belated return.

View the full comment thread »