Comment on Introducing Sensibull -- the Options Trading Platform

Abid commented on 20 Aug 2018, 07:33 PM

We do not use the word “BULL” call spread.
We use Call Spread.
A call spread has calls at an upper strike and a lower strike.
When you buy a lower call and sell an upper call, it is a bullish view, and hence a bull call spread. We call it buy call spread for simplicity
When you sell a lower call and buy an upper call for protection, it is a bearish view. We call it sell call spread for simplicity

I would say terminology does not matter. Please focus on the underlying view, which is bullish or bearish, and how you execute it.

As Shakespeare said, “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet” 🙂

View the full comment thread »