Comment on Tax loss harvesting

Venkatesh commented on 15 Aug 2017, 08:10 AM

i am central government employee and have zerodha account. I purchased some shares and mutual funds for holding it long term. No plan for selling it fully/partially in next three years. please clarify the following doubts.
1. As a central govt employee(in 30% income tax band), can i purchase share? (Just investment for long term ..not trading)
2. Monthly i am buying shares for 30000(with salary). i have not sold any share in this financial year either long term/sort term. Do i have to show this in IT returns? or just filling IT returns as per form 16 enough? Which IT returns form i have to file?

View the full comment thread »