Comment on NRI trading on Indian Stock Exchanges

Akshay.A commented on 03 May 2017, 10:57 AM

Hi Kamal,

a) Yes, you need to open a new NRI demat account. You would need to close the resident Trading & Demat account. It’d be better to transfer the share to a different account.
b) No, that’s not possible. Even if you link that, the status of the account doesn’t change to NRI. Also, One cannot link an NR account to a normal resident Trading & demat account.
c) The Equity brokerage will be 0.1% or Rs.200(whichever is lower) per executed order. You can refer to the other charges here

View the full comment thread »