Comment on Zerodha - Margin Policies

Venu Madhav commented on 27 Aug 2014, 09:28 PM

Hi,

On the ledger, the margins that get blocked is on the cash balance. However when we are processing payouts, we will block only 10% of your total margin blocked in cash while the other 90% is blocked out of collateral margins provided you have sufficient collateral margins. After blocking 10% from cash balance, if there is any extra cash in your account, you can withdraw the same.

Assume:

Cash Balance: 32,000
Collateral: 3,45,000
Margin blocked for position taken: 1,23,000

If you view your ledger, you will see a negative balance of 91000. However while processing payouts, we will only block 10% from cash. In this example we will block 12300 (10% of 1,23,000) from your cash balance leaving you with a withdrawal balance of Rs.19700 (32000-12300)

View the full comment thread »