Comment on NRI trading on Indian Stock Exchanges

Venu commented on 05 Oct 2016, 05:48 PM

Hi Phani,
Option 1: Changing your account status from Resident to Non resident isn’t allowed. You’ll have to close your existing account and open a new account. Your being KYC compliant would not be of help since it would have been uploaded with the residential status being Resident.
Option 2: The documents that need attestation are: PAN, POA, Foreign Address proof & Indian Address proof. Since you’ve said that your bank/embassy is willing to attest documents originating from India, you can get the PAN,POA and the Passport attested. You’ve also mentioned that your SBI NRO Account contains your UK address, so attestation by SBI officials will suffice.

About transfer of shares, the charges that will be applied will be by Angel. You’ll have to fill their DIS and submit it to them. Request you to get in touch with them for this.

View the full comment thread »