Comment on NRI trading on Indian Stock Exchanges

Akshay A commented on 15 Sep 2016, 11:36 AM

Hi Ravi,

Even with the NRO account, as an NRI if you wish to trade in F&O you will have to get a Custodial Participant (CP) Code.
1. You can continue holding the NRE PINS + Demat account with ICICI direct.
2. No, you can have an NRE and NRO demat accounts.
3. You can use your existing NRO account with SBI to link it with Trading & demat account.
4. You can find the forms & other documents detailed above. Only thing that would change if you’re submitting the documents in Bangalore is that you’d need not have to get the attestations done.
5. You can give a closure cum transfer to HDFCSEC and open the Zerodha Trading & demat account for your wife.

View the full comment thread »